Community and Regional News — December 2018
- Community Elections. Today we are electing our community’s new Director and Council. The candidates are Susan M. for director, Georgia, Teresa, and Susan S. for the Council positions of Treasurer, Secretary and Formation Director. At our January community meeting we will announce which person is filling each position.
- Regional Day of Recollection. On Saturday, February 23 there will be a Day of Recollection at St. Teresa of Avila Church in San Francisco. The topic for the day is A Closer Look at Abandoning Ourselves to God (The Journey Continues). The cost is $45 per person. Once we know who will be our new Treasurer, you can make out a check for your registration to that person. She will combine the amount into one payment from our community. All registrations must be submitted by February 6, so please submit your check in January.
- Final Professions. At the February Day of Recollection, two of our members will be making their final profession. They are Clarita and Susan S. Please keep them in your prayers as they prepare for this joyful milestone in their Carmelite vocations. The new Council Members will also be installed at the Day of Recollection.
Registration form >
- No Community Meeting in February. There will be no community meeting in February. Please make every effort to attend the Day of Recollection.
- Lay Carmelite Convocation 2019. Information and registration forms are now available for the Convocation in Chicago in July. We have limited handouts, so if there are not enough copies for those planning to attend, please let Susan M. know and she will mail you a copy.
Next Meeting — January 20, 2019
January Community Meeting: January 20, 2019 in the Governo House Library.
January Ongoing Formation Homework
- Interior Castle: Seventh Dwelling Places: Chapter 3: The Wonderful Effects of This Prayer, pages 416-430
- Study questions: page 430
January Lectio Divina
Lectio Divina for January 20TH community meeting is John 2:1-11.
Please pray for all Carmelites, especially:
- Our members who are ill
- All Carmelites who are isolates
- Our deceased members