On the occasion of the first anniversary of the beatification of the ten martyrs of the Bética Province (Carmelo Moyano and companions) and the nine martyrs of the Province of Castile (Alberto María Marco y Alemán and companions), the Prior General, Fernando Millán Romeral, O.Carm. has written a letter to the whole Carmelite family, with the title, “Thank you for the martyrs that you have given to the church”. This expression is contained in a message that Pope Francis directed to the Superiors General (USG) at the end of the meeting he had with them on the 29th of November, 2013, shortly after that same beatification in Tarragona (Spain) on the 13th of October, 2013. In this letter, the Prior General reflects upon the message that the witness of these brothers of ours offers to Carmel in the 21st century. It can be read in Spanish on the Order’s website, http://ocarm.org/es/content/ocarm/gracias-por-m-rtires-que-dan-iglesia and it is also available in Italian and English.
- The Beatification of two groups of Carmelite Martyrs of the 20th Century in Spain
- The Beatification in Tarragona of the Carmelite Martyrs of the 20th Century in Spain, Carmelo Maria Moyano Linares and 9 companions, and Alberto Marco Alemán and 8 companions.
- Beatification in Tarragona, Spain
- Beatification of Two Groups of Spanish Martyrs
- Promulgated the Decree of the Congregation for Causes of Saints concerning the nine Martyrs of the Castilian Province